36-MATEO STREET SHUTTLE (1920-1939)

 

Formed from Mateo Street Branch of the La Salle Street and Mateo Street Line, starting May 9, 1920.

 

ROUTE: From E. 7th and Mateo Streets, north on Mateo and Santa Fe Avenue to E. 1st Street.

 

AUGUST 18, 1930: Due to construction of the new 4th Street Viaduct, coach service replaced streetcars.

 

JULY 17, 1931: Streetcar service resumed.

 

MAY 19, 1939: Line designated the M-Mateo Street Line with no other change.

 

(SEE ALSO 37-EDGEWARE ROAD SHUTTLE (1942-1946))