8-SOUTH BROADWAY Line (1932-1934)

 

Formed from the Moneta Avenue (South Broadway) branch of the M-Line. Service started June 12, 1932.

 

ROUTE: From Manchester Avenue and South Broadway, north on Broadway, Broadway Place, S. Main Street and Spring to Temple Streets.

 

JULY 3, 1932: Line extended north on Spring Street to Sunset Boulevard.

 

NOVEMBER 11, 1934: Rerouted and renamed the 8-West 54th and Civic Center Line.

 

8-WEST 54th and CIVIC CENTER LINE (1934-1946)

 

Formed from the W. 54th Street branch of the 9-Line and the original 8'-Line route to Spring Street and Sunset Boulevard (Civic Center.) Service begun November 11, 1934.

 

ROUTE: From W. 54th Street and Crenshaw Boulevard, east on 54th to Broadway, north on Broadway, Broadway Place, S. Main Street and Spring Street to Sunset Boulevard.

 

AUGUST 22, 1943: Line extended on Sundays, Holidays and after 5:00pm weekdays to the Union Passenger Terminal Loop.

 

ROUTE: From 1st and Spring Streets, east on 1st to Main Street, north on Main to Macy Street, east on Macy to the loop at Macy and Alameda Streets.

 

AUGUST 26, 1944: Service to Union Passenger Terminal reduced to Saturday only after 1:00pm.

 

JUNE 30 1946: Rerouted and renamed the 8-West 54th and Union Depot Line.

 

8-WEST 54th and UNION DEPOT LINE (1946-1949)

 

Formed from the 8-West 54th and Civic Center Line and the Union Depot branch of the N-West 9th Street Line. Service started June 30, 1946.

 

ROUTE: From W. 54th Street and Crenshaw Boulevard, east on 54th to South Broadway, north on Broadway, Broadway Place, S. Main Street to Macy Street, east on Macy to the Union Depot loop at Macy and Alameda Streets.

 

APRIL 24, 1949: Rerouted and renamed 8-West 54th and North Main Line.

 

8-WEST 54th and NORTH MAIN LINE (1949-1955)

 

Formed from the 8-West 54th Street and Union Depot Line (minus the Union Depot branch) and the N. Main Street branch of the F-South Vermont and North Main Street Line on April 24, 1949 (the F-Line took over operation of the Union Depot branch.)

 

ROUTE: From W. 54th Street and Crenshaw Boulevard, east on 54th to Broadway, north on Broadway to Broadway Place, S. and N. Main Streets and Mission Road to Selig Place.

 

MAY 5, 1955: Rail service abandoned.