Formed from the
ROUTE: From W. 2nd and Spring Streets, south on Spring to W. 5th Street, west on 5th to Olive Street, south on Olive to W. 6th Street, west on 6th to Figueroa Street, south on Figueroa to W. 9th Street, west on 9th to Grand View Avenue.
JUNE 8, 1896: Converted to electricity and rerouted. Instead of going north on Figueroa from 9th Street, it was routed east from Figueroa on W. 9th (on former Washington Avenue Line trackage) to Spring Street, north on Spring to W. 1st Street, east on 1st to Main Street.
SPRING 1903: Extended west on 9th from Grand View one block to Park View Avenue, south on Park View to near W. 10th Street, west on right-of-way to Vermont Avenue and 10th Street.
SUMMER 1907: Extended west on 10th
SEPTEMBER 25, 1910: Again rerouted, from W. 9th and Park View Avenue, west on 9th to Vermont Avenue, north on Vermont to W. 8th Street, west on 8th to Harvard Boulevard The line on Park View and the right-of-way to W. 10th and Vermont were abandoned and the trackage on W. 10th to Gramercy was connected to the W. 11th Street Line.
NOVEMBER 1910: Became part of the Los Angeles Railway Corporation’s West 9th and Brooklyn Avenue Line.
Formed from the Pacific Electric’s Brooklyn Avenue Line and
the Los Angeles Railway Company’s
1915: Extended from Brooklyn and Evergreen Avenues,
north on Evergreen to
May 9, 1920 as a merger of the
ROUTE: From Ramona Boulevard (City Terrace Drive) and Wabash Avenue, west on Wabash to Evergreen Avenue, south on Evergreen to Brooklyn Avenue, west on Brooklyn to Macy Street, west on Macy to Main Street, south on Main to E. 12th Street, east on 12th to Tennessee (Hooper) Street, south on Tennessee and Hooper Avenue to right-of-way along E. 33rd Street, east on right-of-way to right-of-way on Compton Avenue, south on right-of-way to E. 41st Street and Ascot Avenue, south on Ascot to E. 51st Street.
8, 1924: Base service cut back to
Brooklyn and Evergreen Avenues, with rush hour service to
1924: Extended north from City Terrace
15, 1925: Due to the rebuilding of the
Macy Street Viaduct, service suspended between Macy and Lyons Streets (west
1931: Extended from
JUNE 30, 1946: Rail service on the ‘E’-Euclid-Evergreen Line abandoned.
JANUARY 30, 1949: Rail service on ‘B’-Line replaced by ‘2’-(trolley-coach) Line.