Formed from the Los Angeles Railway Company’s line of same name and route.
ROUTE: From Pico Boulevard and Delaware Avenue, east on Pico to Main Street, north on Main, Broadway Place and Broadway to W. 2nd Street, east on 2nd to Spring Street, south on Spring to W. 4th, west on 4th to Broadway.
1912: Extended west from Pico and
1918: Extended east from W. 2nd and Spring, east on 2nd and Traction Avenue to E. 3rd Street, east on 3rd to Santa Fe Avenue, north on Santa Fe to La Grande Depot at E. 2nd and Santa Fe Avenue.
1919: Extended south from W. 11th and Broadway Place on a newly built street, at first called New Broadway, to Pico Boulevard, eliminating the jog on Main Street.
1920: Through-routed with the
Formed from the western portion of the
APRIL 3, 1927: Line extended west on
OCTOBER 6, 1927: Due to rebuilding the E. 1st Street Viaduct, line rerouted from 1st and Main Streets, north on Main to Macy Street, east on Macy Street and Brooklyn Avenue to State Street, then on new temporary trackage south on State to E. 1st, then on regular trackage to Brooklyn Avenue and Rowan Street.
SUMMER 1928: Service back to normal.
FEBRUARY 23, 1930: Due to rebuilding the 4th Street Viaduct, certain ‘P’-Line cars were diverted at E. 1st and Cummings Streets, south on Cummings to E. 4th Street, east on 4th on what was normally the ‘F’-Line to Fresno Avenue, north on Fresno, then via the regular ‘P’-Line route to Brooklyn Avenue and Rowan Street (the Cummings Street Line was abandoned in 1920 but apparently the trackage was left in place as service trackage at least as far as 4th Street.)
JULY 31, 1931: Service restored to normal.
April 22, 1935: Turnaround loop
JUNE 20, 1948:
March 31, 1963: Rail service abandoned.